A couple days ago I released for all to see the current playtest documents for the new edition of Runaway Hirelings. I have gotten some good comments so far and words are still being added to each of the two documents, I am hoping to start doing some playtesting over the next couple weeks to try out a bunch of the new rules and mechanics.
If you would like to take a look at the new rules, go check out the playtest folder over here.
I am still adding text to each document as I make changes to things along the way, I will use this blog post as the updates/changelog for this current revision as I go about things.
- Having just finished playing a 1-on-1 game of Runaway Hirelings. I have decided that the final text will have a section on accommodating 1-on-1 style play.
- Rewrote some rules in the Hireling’s Handguide (specifically the one involving refusal to answer a question posed by the rules).
- Also added “Creating Characters” text to the Hireling’s Handguide document.
- In the Dunarch’s Manual the “Starting the Game” section has been expanded so that the questions before the game are better explained and what their purpose is, is more clearly defined.
- Also the “Dungeon Template” section at the end of the Dunarch’s Manual has been filled out a little more. Enough to supplement the information that was explained earlier in the Dunarch’s Manual.
- Added the Needlelands Dungeon Template to the playtest packet.
- Added a PDF called the “Cheater Sheet” which helps with quick referencing the basic player rules during play.
- Made this blog post
- Writing more in the Dunarchs Manual to finish up the blank areas